Thursday, January 7, 2010

Meeting Bette at Caesar's Palace


Bette Midler is about to end her run at Caesar's Palace at the end of this month. I've had the opportunity to see the show 3 times and I have loved it just the same each time. It is really great!

Well, last night, Bette was doing a book signing after her show, so I went to Caesar's and stood in line for about 2 hours to get a chance to meet her. Let me just say, she is an absolute delight! So nice, so sweet and so chatty!

To give you a little background information, all of the backup dancers for Bette's show are called the "Caesar Salad Girls", served with as little dressing as possible. So as a promotion back in April of 2009, I read in the paper that there was a competition at Whole Foods called the Bette Midler's Salad Competition and it was being judged by the Caesar Salad Dancers. Well, you know that I got busy writing my recipe and submitting! I created the "Christopher Todd Divine Italian Taco Salad", and it was chosen as one of the 5 finalist! Being a finalist, I was given tickets to Bette's show, but since I didn't win first prize, which was a sit down meet and greet with Bette, I was still a little upset!

So, at the signing, I printed off a copy of the recipe and took it to her. Not knowing if it will ever happen or not, she said, "that sounds absolutely divine and I assure you I will try it"! She then signed my book, To Christopher--Can't wait to try that Salad! It was great fun and a great memento to keep forever!

Thanks Bette for the great experience!

1 comment:

abbie said...

good for you uncle todd like that comment about the dressing .it sounds like something my dad would say.
your neice,
abbie